Monday, December 20, 2010

No Fear Literature - ALL

Remember the old post on No Fear Shakespeare?  If you do, then that's great!  If you don't then you should go read it (see No Fear Shakespeare - ALL).  Well, I found out that SparkNotes has "No Fear" titles not only for Shakespeare plays, but also for a few other books, such as the scary The Scarlet Letter or the terrifying Beowulf.  It's called No Fear Literature!

Since I already had the code for compiling all of the "No Fear Shakespeare" plays, all I had to do was make a few modifications to the code to make it compile the other plays.  It was a bit more of a pain getting these five works because the formatting of these URLs was much less standard between each other.  However, it could be done, as we see now!  (If you're still expecting the code, it's so un-standard, meaning that you have to tweak it for nearly every book, that I don't think anybody actually wants it so I probably will never release it.  Besides, every single "No Fear" book has been compiled now.)

As of now, SparkNotes only has six "No Fear Literature" books (I'm too lazy to actually finish A Tale of Two Cities because it would require quite a lot of code-tweaking).  If you actually need (or want) the "No Fear Literature" version of this play to be compiled, then leave a comment and I'll try to get around to uploading it as soon as possible.

Remember: THE TEXT IS NOT MINE!  IT'S ALL FROM SPARKNOTES!

If you like these "No Fear" compilations, please tell your friends and link them to this blog!  That gives me more web traffic, which increases my happiness!

If you haven't already, read the bulleted list in No Fear Shakespeare - ALL before downloading the files.  There are a few things in there that you should know.

Here's the link you've been waiting for:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b2n498laiyznz

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE make it for A Tale Of Two Cities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, 1.5 years later, I finally added "A Tale of Two Cities," but you probably no longer need it! So I guess it's for the children in the future =P

    ReplyDelete